Will work for Prada

Will work for Prada
Shannons Seattle

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Excuse me Mom, but you are wrong

Okay, I have to write a quick note here prior to my birthdays blog to, as my mother would say, "set the record straight" ... because I am tired of my mom accusing me of writing nothing but bad things about her on my blog(s.) Last night at my birthday dinner (which my mother treated Flynn, Shelby and I to at Icon) I mentioned I was eager to get home and write about birthdays past. My mom was quick to say "are you going to write something nasty about me again?" A few times now she has said she doesnt like reading my blogs because I always say bad things about her in them. I have defended her every time telling her that it simply isnt true! First of all, under this blog, "shannons seattle" I have not EVER written ANYTHING about my mom ... at all. Good Bad or indifferent.
You can search every blog I've written and there isnt any mention. The only other blog I have is called "living with mom." I have written ONE time and the only thing I said was that it was not easy living with her. It is a factual statement ... it wasnt mean. It's not easy living with ANYONE!
Apparently she has not read any of my blogs but the first one ... written under the other blog living with mom ... and apparently she is oversensitive. I LOVE YOU MOM. I am sorry you have such strong feelings about that ONE thing I said about it not being easy to live with you. I am very grateful to be able to live with you, regardless of how much fun or torture it can be ... for either of us. But please, stop telling me that I am writing nasty things about you. Perhaps you are more offended that I have not written anything specifically "Nice" about you?
My blogs are for sharing my feelings, beliefs, and memories. As I originally wrote, I was concerned that some peoples feelings may be hurt and/or others would get mad at me. I like to write and I have the right ... Just as everyone that reads my blog has the right to write a response/comment.
So ... that being said, I am now going to re-visit birthdays ... starting with the most recent ... which does include my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment