Will work for Prada

Will work for Prada
Shannons Seattle

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

birthdays past - part 2

When I was 13 my mom got remarried and I had to move to Bellevue. To celebrate my 14th birthday I still invited friends from my old school, Sylvester jr High. I know there were others, but I can only remember Sara Hall and Leslie Rueschenberg being there. I cant even remember if my best friend, Kris, was there ... or Rikke for that matter! My Sister was a cheerleader at Highline highschool and she had a basketball game to perform at. My mom and Step-dad went to the game and left us girls .
Perhaps this is when I should have changed names to "protect the innocent" but let's face it ... it was -- Oh dear lord -- over 30 years ago. I think people can get over it or forgive us.
I decided it would be a great idea to have a few drinks. I went to the bar upstairs and grabbed the seagrams and a bottle of vodka. I had some seven up and knew, from watching my grandma, that seagrams and seven was a good mix. I made drinks for all of us. I made stouffers pepperoni pizza and drank ... and drank ... and drank. I remember at one point Leslie was grossed out at the taste of Seagrams and I handed her a glass of what I thought was water ... but it was vodka. She took a big ole gulp of it and almost gagged! I was such a great influence on people. Poor Leslie was such a GOOD girl. I must say, in addition to Alcohol, however -- I was responsible for getting her into modeling. She was (and still is) a natural beauty. When we were in seventh grade I was taking modeling courses. I always encouraged her to get into it ... and she did!
Anyway, I woke up the next morning alone in a sleeping bag in my room. I went upstairs to find my friends and all of them were pretty darn quiet! It seems that I blacked out. My Mom got home to find my friends mouths opened but lack of words. I have NO idea what occurred or what my friends did ... none of us ever spoke of it afterwords! My mother has told the story on multiple occassions. To say that she arrived home to find me out of my mind. She said she threw me in the shower and watched me try to climb the walls to get out, screaming throughout the whole thing. Yep, this was a memorable birthday -- although I dont remember much. All I know is that to this day I DO NOT drink brown liquor OR eat stouffers pizza. In fact, I get queasy just thinking about the smell of seagrams. Yeuk!!!
The next birthday I remember is my 16th. I had my first "real" boyfriend ... if you know what I mean ... His name was Denny Jay DeRosia. He brought me live planted pink flowers and a little stuffed animal. We drove in his white and orange ford Pinto to Black Angus in Bellevue for lunch and I am pretty sure we went to a movie afterwards. Black Angus is actually what I remember about the birthday the most. Honestly, I cant remember if we got stoned before going or not ... all I remember is getting lost inside the restaurant! It was so hysterically funny then ... and now, thinking about it. EVERYONE who has been to a black angus restaurant knows that it is a pitch black little maze. All of the tables are dark and private. I totally loved Black Angus. Such a red-neck restaurant really. Anyway, when we got up to leave Denny was leading the way. He kept going in circles and I started laughing. I mean seriously, it is so dark in those restaurants they should give miners hats with lights on them or lit batons He was not as amused as I was and it sort of put a damper on the rest of the date ... but I will still remember it as one of my favorite or at least more memorable birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment