Will work for Prada

Will work for Prada
Shannons Seattle

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

This is the first post to what I hope will be a majorly entertaining blog as well as an arena for advice. I would like to share my past experiences of ALL types. My first writing will be about ... well, me! No, I dont have degree's, doctorates, or any special certification. I am alive ... and I have lived life in all sorts of ways. I've been super rich, traveled pretty extensively, been poor and had to seriously scrape by. Thru it all, I have a sincere desire and ability to relate to all types of people. I am one of two girls brought up by a single mom and my father is, well ... an ass.
I have done some pretty stupid things but I have also given and contributed to make other peoples lives better. I am a 45-in-2011 mom of two. While a few years ago I had millions, today I live with my mother in a two-bedroom apartment. Life has not been easy for me in the past couple of years but I get by. My children mean everything to me and I am bringing them up very well. They are the sweetest, funniest, most respectful and somewhat naive, children I know. They spend half of their time with their millionaire father and spend half of their time with me ... the "real-life" mom. I am funny and loving. I am smart and ... as stated above, still do some pretty dumb things. I am still trying to find my niche in life ... but I KNOW that my "Calling" is to make the world a better place! In previous lives I have been a warrior and a Goddess. In this life, I have struggled to regain that status. Alas, one day, I shall grasp and embrace the power that I know exists within me. I plan to make this blog a rather random posting of memories, current experiences and sometimes just my opionion. In addition to knowing what my calling is ... I also know that there HAS to be other women out there like me that just need a good laugh and someone to relate to every once in a while. You wont find my blogging about how cute my dog looks in his winter coat. Neither will I be on the soap box about human rights, animal rights ... or any rights for that matter. At least I dont think so. I look forward to sharing with you and I look forward to your thoughts as well!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon, I wrote a comment and then lost it...Dang it! Anyway I'm looking forward to following both your blogs. I also have a blog, but have yet to post to it this year. Mine is primarily about art though, because I really SUCK at writing anything entertaining, thought provoking or witty! You on the other hand are a FABULOUS writer! Keep it up!

    Love you!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are doing great. Keep writing. As much as I've tried to blog, journal, keep a diary, I suck at being consistent with it. Good job, Shannon, and I'm looking forward to some stories about your next-door-neighbors, through the hedge. . . . :-)

    Love, Karol

    ReplyDelete