Will work for Prada

Will work for Prada
Shannons Seattle

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Since I didnt post for two weeks I feel compelled to write a bunch today. This is another rant session pertaining to driving. I have been in only one doozy of an accident back in high school. Since then, a couple of minor incidents. While driving for nearly 3 decades may not entitle me to superior status, I feel it my duty to share a couple key rules with other either new or ... just plain stupid drivers.
EVERY DAY I have to exercise the rules of a "four-way stop." Can someone PLEASE tell me why other drivers have such difficulty understanding how these work? Technically, one of the intersections I go through almost daily is a six way stop. It is on the Northeast slope of Queen Anne where 6th Ave N, 4Th Ave N, Queen Anne Drive and Raye St all come together. I know I should "prepare" myself for this daily occurrence and get over it .... but I just can't.
Its like the pemco insurance ad with the two cars at a four way stop. Neither one of them can decide which one should go first. FIGURE IT FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!
The "rule" is ... or rules are ... Whoever gets to the intersection first ... GOES FIRST! IF you get to the intersection at the same time as someone else, the person to your immediate right goes first. IF the person is across from you and has a signal on ... YOU go first. IF the person across from you doesnt have a signal on ... BOTH of you can go! DUH DUH DUH!!!! Sure, when all four (or more) sides are occupied, it can be tricky to keep track who got there first.
THE MAIN RULE for a four (or multiple way) stop is to PAY ATTENTION!!! It is your responsibility when driving a car to actually PAY ATTENTION to who got there first.
If there are four or more cars at an intersection, you simply MUST pay attention to who got there first! If a car directly in front of you just went, you MUST WAIT until all of the other cars that were there WITH the car in front of you, before you go into the intersection.
They should install sensors to prompt little tire puncturing grates that pop up at stop signs to "help" the four-way stop challenged. We'd see just how fast people can learn SUCH A SIMPLE BASIC driving rule. COME ONE PEOPLE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment