Will work for Prada

Will work for Prada
Shannons Seattle

Thursday, January 6, 2011

I wont say much about the cycling thing today, other than there was an article on it on the first section of NW Thursday (Seattle Times) Representative Jamie Pedersen is the one trying to get it into legislature. At least now I know who to write my letter to. Hey Jamie ... Hows about getting cyclists licensed before you go any further? In the article, there was actually a comment about an 83 year old woman that died last spring when she stepped out in front of two cyclists on the trail. neither of the cyclists were charged for that either. Anyway ... moving on ....

Today I will write about something else. Today I write that I am sort of regretting telling some people about my blog. About half a second after informing someone I realized that maybe I wanted to remain "anonymous." After all, not everyone knows ALL of my secrets and/or adventures. They arent necessarily all that BAD, but some people could get their feelings hurt. Or, some people may think that JUST because it sounds like a story about them ... that it IS about them. It probably is them too, but I wont use real names ... except my own. And (remembering that my blog IS about real things and what I write is how I remember or perceive something) perhaps I will throw in a little myth. That being said, I will now write something that is completely true! Its something entirely about ME ... me me me ... and it is something I have shared with only a few people in my life.

When I was 5 my mom and dad divorced. Soon after he moved out, our house was robbed. It was a job done by the "blue van gang." Weird how I can remember things like the name of the gang. My sister and I would go over to a neighbors house after school for daycare. That day instead of my mom picking us up, she called Edie (that's her real name) and told her we had been robbed. My sister and I walked thru the woods to get home, nervous but excited. When we walked in it didn't appear to be so chaotic. They had stolen our TV, some of my moms FAKE pearls (left the real ones -- idiots!) and left behind my moms mink coat (perhaps they were early advocates for PETA) They also defecated all over my moms bathroom and bedroom, the towels the white carpeting ... making it SORT OF look like a personal thing. I have often wondered if my pin-head dad had anything to do with it.
Oh yeah, This story is supposed to be me. So, I run down the long hall to my room to see if anything of MINE had been taken. Nope. Nothing missing. They didn't want what I had, why not? I even had a little metal money bank that was in the shape of a mail box. Not like a residential mail box -- you know, the big blue ones on the curb at the post office that you drop your mail into as you drive by (although some people seem to WRITE their letters before dropping them in while you wait behind them.) I grabbed my little bank and shook it. All my moneys still there. How could they have missed this? It's obviously valuable. Well, I wasnt going to go unnoticed. No one was paying attention to me so it was easy for me to casually grab a screw driver ... doo de doo de dah ... close my bedroom door ... and HACK AWAY at my bank!!! I stabbed and pried and got that blasted thing open. It was horrible ... horrible I tell you! How could they have done this to me? Why would they destroy my bank and take my money?!? Dont they know I am only 5??? I then of course ran with the bank to the family room where I strategically placed my shredded piece of property in the center of the floor and proceeded to cry inconsolably. It got me some attention ... but only a little ... and I had ruined my little bank.

Why did I do that? Obviously it was MY early on-set of trying to get some freaking attention! It seems over the years I did destructive things of similar nature. I was never a demon child ... although my mom and dad may disagree. I was normal for gods sake! I was very little when my folks split up and after the split I rarely saw either my mom OR my dad. I spent most of my time with Edie, the daycare provider and my sister. Also, my Granny lived downstairs ... and there are a lot more stories from that part of the house too!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about offending me if I happen to be a part of any of your posts. My take on things is that "Life Happens", we all make mistakes and then we move on. When we know we've hurt someone we ask for forgiveness, and when we've been hurt by someone we must forgive...So continue writing in your honest, informative and entertaining way! I love reading your posts....I think Ken Schram should move over and you should have his job!

    ReplyDelete